Me-Made-May '14: My Pledge

6:11 PM

You guys!! It's almost May!! You know what that means :-)  Once again, Me-Made-May is going to sweep across the sewing world.  Have you submitted your pledge?



You may notice, I'm cutting my submission a bit close this year.  Machine problems and jaw surgery tried to rain on any sewing mojo I've had this year so, I wasn't expecting to participate.  However, I'm finally back up to 90-95% recovery-wise and my machine is back home (not perfect but, usable for now) so, I've probably spent more time in my sewing room this last week than I had all year!  As a result, I expect to have four new items to add to my Me-Made line-up!  With this extra boost, I've properly planned out my possible outfit combinations and determined that, even though I didn't succeed last year, I'm ready to up the ante! 

'I, Jennifer of msjennyhomemaker.blogspot.com, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '14. I endeavour to wear five me-made items per week for the duration of May 2014.'

The most I've pledged before was four per week and I wouldn't call those attempts successful. However, I've been working on building my separates wardrobe, as past participation has shown me I should, and unlike last year, I'm going to allow repeats as needed. I hope not to depend on any items too much though.  I make this allowance simply so I can document which pieces I reach for often and should, therefore, make more of.  Despite the repeat option, I am also (loosely) requiring that I wear each of my me-mades at least once. If an item doesn't fit, it's excluded; however, if I just don't want to wear it, it's time to take it out of my closet and replace it with something I love. This year's pledge is less about forcing myself to wear all of my me-mades to participate and more about really learning what I reach for and love to wear.  My goal is to test all of my current wardrobe theories and fill in gaps so next year, I can pledge the full week.

Only two days to go! I'd better go finish my current projects!

Can't wait to see everyone else's posts!

Happy sewing! x

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Mancunian VintageApril 29, 2014 at 6:38 AM

    I was a last-minute pledger too! Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with... I could do with finishing a few bits off too - here's hoping MMM14 gives me the much-needed boot up the bum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not the only one :-) Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with MMM14. I think I am opting out again this year. Pregnancy has changed my body and breastfeeding means that I have different requirements from my clothes than I did in the past :) I am excited to see the outfits that you put together and learn the items that you wear the most often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't blame you. MMM is time consuming anyway and you have a darling little to spend the month with :-) I'm sure there will be a next year. Poor Zoe must know we can't do without it now :-P

    ReplyDelete

I just love hearing from you! If you want to comment without linking to your profile (or if you don't have an account), please choose "Name/URL" from the dropdown and leave your first name (website optional) so I know who I'm responding to. I can't wait to read your feedback! x

Flickr Images