4.19.2011

Spring Cleaning - Microfiber Cloths

With Spring comes spring cleaning. To make things easier and more eco-friendly, I use microfiber clothes in place of paper towels. They're wonderful! They have about a six-month [used and abused but never machine dried] life on them before they become rags. During those first six months, they're perfect for dry dusting and for streak-free glass and stone polishing. After they wear out, they are still perfect for less delicate tasks such as spill clean-up and shower scrubbing.

However, have you ever checked the price on them? I've paid upwards of $5 for one little cloth and it lasted only a few months before the fibers wore down and lost their charge. My fiance thought this was ridiculous so he had a suggestion: buy them from the automotive section. In this part of your big box store, they're more focused on getting you to buy expensive car cleaning products and don't charge much for the cloths. Generally, I get a pack of 8 for around $5 but yesterday, a new set caught my eye. They say "professional" and are larger and double sided - one regular and one softer. You get five lime green, five bright orange, and five sunny yellow cloths for around $9 from Walmart.
Who wouldn't want to do a little spring cleaning with cloths this cheery!? Time to do the mirrors! x

4 comments:

  1. I like these too, they clean better and it's nice not to have to worry about running out of paper towels, or deal with sponges that get smelly and gross. I also like the microfiber mops--I hate those stupid swiffer things that are everywhere nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I use a Shark steam mop with microfiber cleaning pads. No dust left behind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. During those first six months, they're perfect for dry dusting and for streak-free glass and stone polishing. After they wear out, they are still perfect for less delicate tasks such as spill clean-up and shower scrubbing.
    cleaning microfiber cloths

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kalvin! You're absolutely right. After 6 or so months, mine do get demoted to tasks like that and then, 6 or so after that, they're given to my fiance for even less delicate tasks in the garage and around the house. They certainly give you your money's worth! Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Let's keep the conversation going! Feel free to comment below or on Instagram!

If you want to comment without linking to your profile (or if you don't have an account), please choose "Name/URL" from the drop-down and leave your first name (website optional) so I know who I'm responding to. I can't wait to read your feedback! x