3.18.2012

Recipe - Avocado and Cucumber Sandwich

I interrupt this what-seems-to-be-a sewing blog to bring you a quick little recipe. With the warmer months approaching here in the US, it's time to try a new cool, fresh sandwich. Walter also claims it increases clarity of thought! Who knows if that's true but, if it is, maybe it can boost our sewing productivity too??


A few weeks ago, I was watching an episode of Fringe (yes, you may insert whatever dorky name you'd like, here) and a particular sandwich Walter made intrigued me.  Mind you, many of his concoctions sound a bit... off but, this one sounded perfect for the warm weather we've been having.  So, when we popped into Whole Foods and I saw their shiny produce, I couldn't resist trying it.   Here's what I threw together:


1/2 on-the-vine tomato, sliced
1/2 avocado, pitted, sliced thinly
1/3 medium cucumber, sliced thinly
1 slice deli provolone (optional)
~1 tablespoon mayo
2 slices toasted Italian bread

Spread mayo (or your preferred condiment) on one side of bread. Layer cheese, tomato, cucumber, avocado, and second slice of bread. (In case you don't know how to construct a sandwich ;-) )  Cut (or don't) and enjoy!

Happy munching! x

P.S. I finished something from my "Make It, Wear It" queue! Yay! I'll share it later this week. :-)

2 comments:

  1. That actually sounds like a yummy sandwich. I often make a similar one, but usually add some thinly sliced grilled chicken breast for a bit of protien. Bean sprouts are also a good addition. I think I will try this when I don't have any suitable protein - 'cause that's usually when I opt for a PB&J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grilled chicken or bean sprouts sound like great additions to mix it up! I'm going to have to try that. You're not alone in opting for a pb&j but, I'm trying to find fresher alternatives.

    ReplyDelete

Let's keep the conversation going! Feel free to comment below or on Instagram!

If you want to comment without linking to your profile (or if you don't have an account), please choose "Name/URL" from the drop-down and leave your first name (website optional) so I know who I'm responding to. I can't wait to read your feedback! x