3.26.2012

Liebster and Versatile!? Wow, me?

Sorry for the delay on this one. I typed this up on my mobile but, I have the hardest time inserting links from there and I was just so busy last week, I didn't have time to get on the actual computer. On a related [busy] note, I dabbled in a bit of pattern drafting/re-drafting for my latest dress. More on that to come!

This was a great weekend! It was relaxing, the sun was shining, the birds were chirpping and... I was nominated for not one but two blog awards! I was grinning from ear to ear at the idea that you lovelies enjoy reading about my silly little projects.

First, the darling Neeno from SewMeLove surprised me with a nomination for the mysterious Liebster award.  As leibster means beloved (or favorite) in German, this one is a sweet one to pass around.  Thank you, Neeno!!!



The rules of the Liebster Award are:
  1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
  2. Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
  3. Copy/paste the blog award on your blog.
  4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs (with 200 followers or less).
  5. Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment. 
I'd like to pay this award forward to (in no particular order):


Then, the lovely Vicki from Ruffles and Whiskers delighted me with a nomination for the Versatile Blogger award! (You all know how much I love the word Versatile ;-) )  Thanks so much, Vicki!!!



The rules for this one are:
  1. Add the badge to the winning blog page.
  2. Thank the blogger who gave it. 
  3. List the rules.
  4. List seven (7) random facts about yourself. 
  5. Pass on the award to fifteen (15) deserving and conscientious bloggers who are nominated for their diligence, demonstrated skill, and achievements in the world of blogging and specifically in the sewing related category. 
  6. Contact the nominated bloggers and let them know they are recipients.
Let's see...
  1. I have two favorite numbers: 7 and 13
  2. My favorite actor of all time is Cary Grant. Although, if I had to choose between present actors, it's currently a toss-up between Gary Oldman (he can play anything!) and James McAvoy (I don't know why but if he gets teary-eyed, I get teary eyed. Yes, that includes while watching X-Men. Wait, did I just admit that out loud...?)
  3. I have studied three foreign languages (there's a short story behind why)... I remember very little of any of them!
  4. I'm currently a bit addicted to Pandora.  I do housework all day so, I commonly listen to my "Jump in the Line" station to make the chores go a little faster.  Dusting is always more fun when done to "The Twist!"
  5. I generally listen to the classical radio station when driving.  
  6. I <3 Earl Grey tea ...with milk, no sugar
  7. I got over my fear of dogs by adopting one!
That's everything you need to know about me, right? hehe

I'm passing this one along to (again, in no particular order):

Annabellebumps
Ginger Makes...
My Happy Sewing Place
Zilredloh
Cation Designs
Did You Make That
A Few Threads Loose
Seamstress: poppykettle
Amanda's Adventures in Sewing
Sew Country Chick
Molly's Sewing and Garage Sale Adventures
A Sewing Odyssey
So, Zo... What Do You Know?
Jorth!
Ten Thousand Hours of Sewing

That's a lot of interesting reading up there!  Be sure to check them out!  (By the way, did you know someone is compiling a list of all the Versatile Bloggers?  Check it out here.

Thanks so much again to Neeno and Vicki for thinking of me!! x

12 comments:

  1. hi Jennifer, thank you so much for the nomination xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the two blog awards! That is some serious dedication to do housework all day - that must be one clean house (I may be slightly envious as I would love to be a stay at home domestic diva, but it's not quite in the plans . . . yet) Thanks for nominating me! It's delight to read your blog, so I am honored that you think highly of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Well, maybe not all day... I do often sew in the afternoon once the chores are done. But, yes, I am a bit of a neat freak ;-) Hopefully, domestic diva days are in your future too! You're welcome for the nomination! I absolutely love your blog :-)

      Delete
  3. That's how I take my tea too!!! Earl grey, milk, no sugar!
    xo
    Congrats on the awards ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, what a coincidence! It's just lovely, isn't it?

      Hehe, thanks!!! :-)

      Delete
  4. Aww, you're so cute! I loved reading these! :) Thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Ginger! And you're welcome! Yours is a great blog!

      Delete
  5. Hi Jennifer!

    Apologies for the delay, thanks so very much for the nomination! I am honoured.

    Happy sewing
    All the best
    Zoe xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Zoe! I'm looking forward to Me-Made-May!!

      Delete
  6. Thank you thank you for nominating me for an award!! I absolutely loved reading your facts about yourself - I LOVE Cary Grant (dreamy in Houseboat, am I right?), 7 is my favorite number tooooo, and I am going to go home tonight and put on the "Jump In The Line" station on Pandora, because I adore Pandora! You are fabulously kind, and I hope you are having a marvelous day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Meg! Actually, I haven't seen Houseboat...but, it's on my queue! Funny how much all of us home seamstresses have in common :-)

      Thanks, and so are you! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

      Delete