New Look 6348 - A Sneak Peak

8:41 AM

Well readers, as I expected I've fallen behind in my Sew Weekly creations. A delay in materials arrival meant it could be no other way. Not to mention the fact that I'm taken a very easy pattern and am making it way more complicated and time-consuming than it needs to be. Then again, I'm glad I'm taking my time.

For the first time ever, I've made a sudo-proper muslin! (Aren't you all proud :) ? ) I purchased a blue polyester crepe-back satin from Hancock's clearance shelf as it was the cheapest and closest option I could find to my silk charmeuse. Ok, that's an insult to the silk... I basted it together, tried it on for fitting, made a few tweaks and then ripped it back apart, just as your supposed to.  Due to a lack of fabric, it's shorter (scandalous, really) than the finished dress will be but, here it is:

I really do need a dress form... 

It has served its purpose and is now laying in pieces in my scrap bag.  I may come back to it later though, shorten it even more and make a blouse (if I can get past the polyester...).

Here's a little peak at what I cut into next!  Oh, it's glorious!

Freshly dyed crimson silk charmeuse

I've spent this week slowly babying it together and I can't wait for you to see it!  Now, I must get back to hand-stitching (and Mad Men!).  Have a great Friday everyone! x

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Ooh , this is going to be lovely! Can't wait to see the finished dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It should be up this weekend!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That's a great word for it! It's so comfortable and luxurious :-)

      Delete

I just love hearing from you! If you want to comment without linking to your profile (or if you don't have an account), please choose "Name/URL" from the dropdown and leave your first name (website optional) so I know who I'm responding to. I can't wait to read your feedback! x

Flickr Images