8.10.2011

Summer Tuna Sandwich

DF couldn't home for lunch today. Do you know what that means? Veggies! And spices! When I make tuna sandwiches for us, I generally make them rather plain - just mayo, maybe a bit of mustard, and black pepper. As I'm sure I've mentioned, DF hates most vegetables and he doesn't like many spices added to his tuna. So, when he's away, I get to mix it up!

Here's today's variation (so yummy):

1 can solid white Albacore tuna
Mayo (enough to coat)
A few splashes of Red Wine Vinegar
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Smoked paprika
Crushed black peppercorns
Oregano
Thyme
Fresh baby spinach
1 fresh campari tomato, sliced

(Note: the spices are all to taste - I've never measured - but, they are listed greatest amount to least.)

There are a few days next week too where I'll be making lunch for just me. Do you have any sandwich recipes I should try?

Happy Wednesday! x

1 comment:

  1. I saw your comment on Dana's blog (and I replied there, but if you're anything like me, you'll never see it) about not watching PR because you don't have cable. I just thought I'd let you know that if you want to watch, it's available to stream on the Lifetime website: mylifetime.com. I don't have cable either, but I've been able to find most any show I want to watch (on most networks) to stream via the network sites themselves.

    ReplyDelete

Let's keep the conversation going! Feel free to comment below or on Instagram!

If you want to comment without linking to your profile (or if you don't have an account), please choose "Name/URL" from the drop-down and leave your first name (website optional) so I know who I'm responding to. I can't wait to read your feedback! x