5.19.2011

Summer Lashes

With summer just around the corner, it's time for a fresh and natural take on makeup. One item I recently switched-out is my mascara.

For hot summer days, it's best to go minimal (and waterproof!). Of course, mascara is hands-down the one makeup item I cannot go without (seriously, it would be on my "deserted island" list) so to tone it down, I switch from 'blackest black' to 'brownish black' which is close to my natural lash color. This year I chose Maybelline Define-a-lash Lengthening Mascara in *Waterproof* Brownish Black. At only $6, this little green tube does everything one could want for summer - defines, darkens, and lengthens without a clump to be found!

To use: Curl your lashes first by looking up to get each lash in the curler then, look down and crimp lightly to get right next to the root. Apply mascara wiggling from root to tip as many times as desired.

Pair it with a subtle shadow and a hint of brown eyeliner, bat your ridiculously long lashes and everyone will think you just wake up looking pretty! I won't tell if you won't! x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's keep the conversation going! Feel free to comment below or on Instagram!

If you want to comment without linking to your profile (or if you don't have an account), please choose "Name/URL" from the drop-down and leave your first name (website optional) so I know who I'm responding to. I can't wait to read your feedback! x