Early Morning Energy - Carrot Zucchini Muffins

9:36 AM

Things around here have been busy busy! Good thing I keep plenty of healthy muffins around for morning energy! This Sunday, when I finally found a moment to do some baking, I whipped up a batch of carrot-zucchini muffins. I was attempting to trick my fiance into eating more veggies but he caught me grating the baby carrots. Luckily, he has been more open minded lately, gave them a try, and actually really liked them! Yay, vegetable victory #2!

I retrieved the recipe from: Fitness and Freebies http://t.co/rG6hpQ4 The worst part, of course, was grating the baby carrots and the zucchini, which took several minutes. Everything then went together very quickly with just a spoon. The juice from the veggies made the batter a bit soupy but it also insured that the muffins came out light and moist. Of course, you can also pat the gratings dry if you prefer a different texture.

These are a quick, easy way to get much needed nutrients and energy to start your day. I'll definitely keep these on the rotation. Happy baking! x


UPDATE: These muffins didn't hold as well as the others (even in the freezer) so I recommend baking a half batch if you're baking for two.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I just love hearing from you! If you want to comment without linking to your profile (or if you don't have an account), please choose "Name/URL" from the dropdown and leave your first name (website optional) so I know who I'm responding to. I can't wait to read your feedback! x

Flickr Images